Monday, September 17, 2012

Scramble Your Eggs-pectations

I don't normally eat breakfast, but when I do, I prefer eggs. This morning, I needed a kick start. I took a look in the refrigerator to see what I could pair with eggs in a quick, deliciously messy scramble. I had several sweet onions on the counter, some arugula, and Sriracha sauce. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. When you want eggs on a Monday morning. you use what you have. By the time I finished I felt energized and ready to take on the work week. Enjoy!

Ingredients (serves 2):

3 eggs
1 small sweet onion
1 handful arugula
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. butter
sea salt
Sriracha sauce

1. Slice (or chop) your onion. Heat a pan over a medium heat. Add your onion and let it sweat for 2 minutes before adding olive oil and mixing. Cook for another 5 minutes mixing occasionally.

2. While your onion cooks, clean the handful arugula and chop into four (one horizontal cut, one vertical cut). Set aside.

3. Crack 3 eggs into a bowl and lightly season with sea salt. Whisk for 30 seconds until eggs begin to fluff up.

4. Lower heat on onion pan to low and add a slice of butter. Move the butter around the pan to coat all of the onions. 

5. Once the butter has melted, add the whisked eggs. Cook for 3 minutes moving the ingredients regularly. This is an egg scramble so don't be afraid to move them around!

6. Add your arugula to the pan and mix into eggs. Leave over heat for another 2 minutes until eggs are cooked.

7. Add to plate and drizzle some Sriracha sauce on top for an extra punch to your morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment