Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Egg-lection Day!

Election Day is here. No more polls. No more back and forth. We all get a rest ... at least for 12 hours until we have a winner (let's all hope this doesn't drag out beyond today!). I voted early this morning and when I came home, I felt I needed a slight reward for performing my civic duty at such an early hour. I raided my refrigerator and made some eggs. It is Egg-lection Day after all! 

I heated a pan over a low-medium heat for a few minutes until it was hot, then I added a slice of butter to coat the pan. I pulled 3 eggs from the carton, cracked them in a mixing bowl, added a drop of olive oil, a few squirts of Frank's Red Hot, and some black pepper. I whisked the eggs for about 30 seconds before adding to the pan. From the shelf I grabbed some leftover sauteed kale from dinner last night, a few thin slices of Genoa salami, and a slice of New York White Cheddar which I diced into tiny pieces so it would melt. Next, time to mix up the eggs and add my meat, cheese, and veggies. I continually mixed for a few minutes until the eggs were cooked.

Scrambled eggs. Kale. Salami. Cheddar. I wish Election Day was every day. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment