Thursday, October 18, 2012

Butcher's Lunch Part Three: Antipasto

Ask any Italian what their favorite holiday food is and you are sure to get a different answer from everyone. Ask any Italian what food they eat they most of every holiday and there is only one answer - antipasto. Who can sit around an overflowing plate of salty meats and cheeses, sour marinated vegetables, and crunchy bread and not have a little bit of everything? A minimum of four plates per person I think. I may overdo it, but I love antipasto. I bought ingredients to make a more classic combination, but antipasto is simplya small plate you eat before dinner so it has different meaning to different people. La Cucina Italiana's recipe section has 10 completely different dishes tagged as antipasto.


My favorite: hot and sweet sopressatta, mozzarella stuffed hot cherry peppers, and artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil and parsley served with an extra glug of flavorful olive oil and fresh cracked pepper.

Think that you can do better? Let me know your favorite combination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment